Pickle Post #43 - Yoo Hoo! We have a winner! :)

Hi there! How are you, my friends? Smiley

Sorry I have been SO absent. Again. A lot of stuff drops onto my plate sometimes and time gets away from me. Between allergy headaches (evil twins of MIGRAINES), work, the lovely Arizona heat (up to 113 degrees this week) and a very sick kitty, I have been pretty tapped out.

So I haven't posted ANY birthday cards. Great way to celebrate my own blog birthday, huh?
I also realized I forgot to choose the winner of my blog candy! UGH...SO SORRY.
Well, I always say better late then never! So let's play catch up!

This birthday card was created for my brother - created with a private joke between us in mind.
The sentiment (by Paper Smooches) actually reads 'Woo Hooo', but I changed it to 'Yoo Hooo' as this is how we say hello to each other LOL! Here's what I created.

My 'Happy Bird Day' Card:
Some of my favorite techniques are used here - paper piecing, Copic coloring...and my favorite kraft cardstock. I just LOVE this chubby owl. And the party bird on the inside just cracks me up! Paper Smooches are by far some of my all time favorite stamps. So fun and so darn cute!

Stuff I Used:
Stamps - Paper Smooches Chubby Chums & Birthday Buddies
Paper - Basic Grey Offbeat & Marjolaine, A Muse Studio Kraft CS
Ink - Memento Rich Cocoa
Dies - MFT Die-Namics Branch with Leaves, Nesties Circles
Copics - BG72, BG75, BG78, YR12, YR65, E47


**Without further delay - the winner of my Blog Birthday Candy is...ELINE JANSENS!**  
She is one of my new blog buddies! Please check out her new blog - she is VERY talented!
Eline - please contact me (there's a link on my sidebar) with your mailing address.  Congrats! Smiley

A HUGE THANK YOU to all of you for your kind comments, for sharing my blog candy, for following me and for being my crafty friends! You are proof that it's a small world after all! Smiley
I have more posts in the works, so stay tuned! Thank you for stopping by!

5 comments:

Patricia said...

Super cute card I love it and congrats to Eline =)

Eline Jansens said...

OMG! =D Seriously, it's the 1st time in my life I win something =D Hahaha! Thank you soooooo much, Cathy! I'm thrilled that I found your blog and "met" you! As we share our passion for card making we also share our struggle with time =D I love reading your posts. As I only recently started blogging I'm very very happy to hear that I'm doing a good job at it =)
To all other people that joined Cathy in her Birthday celebration: I'm looking forward to "meeting" you too!

Peta said...

such a cute card...love it.

and congrats to Eline, always happy to find a new crafty blog to check out.

Anonymous said...

Super cute card Cathy. That owl is darling! And congratulations to my Belgian blog buddy Eline! :) She definitely deserves it! :)

Creations by Shirl said...

Adorable paper piece owl.... love it... Thanks for stopping by my friend... Hope all is well, oh my hope kitty cat is feeling better... Wow, that is extreme heat temps out there, stay cool....
Take care~

Post a Comment

I am SO happy you stopped by - thanks for your comments!

Newer Posts Older Posts